Sunday, November 4, 2007

there aren't words

yesterday, i was "surprised" with a baby shower thrown by my church care group. they were kind enough to release me from having to do thank you notes (which is quite a blessing), but i still want to thank them. thank them for the gifts? yes, of course. what a reminder of God's provision, to have friends and family around us providing so much for the baby yet to be born.



more so, i want to thank them for their hearts and their prayers. we spent a good amount of time praying. they prayed for me, for jay, for the baby...they encouraged me, uplifted me, pointed out evidences of God working in me...and my eyes teared up multiple times. they read a letter that my husband had written, which made me tear even more. i cannot express in words how my heart was touched by that meaningful time with them. to think that we've only been at this church for a year and a half or so, and the Lord has been so faithful to provide us with fellowship, friends, accountability, and support. it was such a gift to be the recipient of such encouragement and love. then to add to it, there were women there who have known me since my high school years (including my mother who has obviously known me longer :). one woman in particular thanked God for His faithfulness to my mother and me over the past ten years or so. and all i could think was, "Lord, she's right. Were it not for you, I would have fallen away. The only reason I'm still walking with You is because You've kept me close."

some others commented on my evident love for my husband. i heard that comment a few times and it struck me..."Lord, with my background and history...is it possible that my husband and i are marked for the love You've given us?" anyone who knows me at all, knows this is an unbelievable blessing...that God has not only changed the family patterns, but made Himself so evident through our marriage.

i came home and struggled to find the words to express to my sweetheart, how i had been touched by the few hours i had spent with those ladies. i continue to struggle for words even now as i write this. i cannot thank them enough for the time they invested to prepare and their generous gifts...but more so, for their hearts, their love, their friendship, and their hearts for the Lord that continue to point me back to the our heavenly Father as well. God thank you for caring for me and showing Your love in such tangible ways.

1 comment:

A Day in the Life of MaryBarb said...

wow shana. just...wow. can i say that i truly relate with these women you are writing of? the love you and Justin share for each other is mind-boggling. it truly fascinates me. along with the fact that my heart throbs for you guys with an undieing passion, being around you two makes me feel so good. and you've stated just how i've been trying to say how i feel for so long! and yet..words still can't describe how much i really love you both. just seeing the broken family i live in day in and day out, then transitioning to the lifestyle that you and Justin live in, gives me this amazing overwhelming peace. it's it so beautiful watching you both in your marriage together. one thing that deeply affects my heart when i'm around you guys, is that i start to feel (in a 'tangible'-in front of my face-way) that i really don't need to have a relationship in my life right now. it makes me feel so loved in itself just being around you guys. i crave to be able to have a love and marriage like that with a man one day. one that has God at the center of it, one that my husband and i both play the roles that GOD mean us to play. man..i feel like i could go on forever about how much i love you shae and justin! so many times i wish i could show you guys that but i don't know how. that's one reason why i was so excited to come over and paint that one day...to help you guys..and the day that you want to do landscaping and fixing up the backyard even more so..man i can't wait! i love you serve our Daddy, our Father in Heaven by serving my sister and brother in Christ. o guys i love you so much! i really can't wait to be with you again. and when your baby is born..i will be the best aunt in the world..I PROMISE! i can't wait to see him/her and hug them and kiss them and play with them and teach them what i know alongside of whatever you guys want from me! GOD IS SO GOOD!! ah!!

tonight i was having such a weird off night. i've been really thrown off this week about how i'm going to be seeing Pat in a few days (Liberty weekend visit) and one after another God even JUST TONIGHT has completely flipped it all around and comforted me with things, and held me so tightly and beauitfully. He is so good..i just.. WOW. how amazing is it to be sisters in Christ Shae! we get to serve a _____ God!! (i put a blank because there is seriously no words to describe Him!!).

AHHH i love you! i love you SO SO much. i can't wait to be here with you and Justin and share on this magnificent journery and chapter that is just about to begin this upcoming december/january!!

in our precious Daddy above,
Mary :)