Thursday, March 20, 2008

my agenda or His?

our care group is reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges and last night we talked about anxiety and frustration. God convicted me of my anxiety regarding when/how long elise sleeps. her day time naps, as many of you know, are short and often on my chest or in the moby wrap. while i don't mind that, it doesn't allow for me to get much done while she's sleeping. even at night, though she sleeps very well, i find myself very tense and anxious that i will once again hear her helpless cry over the monitor. simply put: my anxiety is sin. i am not trusting God and i am more concerned with my agenda than His. we were reminded of the verse in psalm 139 that says every day of our lives was ordained and written in His book before one of them came to be. if that is true...why would i worry? isn't He trustworthy? can i not trust His agenda for my days? even down to the smallest things...like elise waking early from a nap? my prayer today is that i would not give in to the sin of anxiety once again...but that i would live trusting His agenda for my life and elise's...down to the smallest details and situations. Lord, help me to do this.

No comments: