Monday, May 5, 2008

my birthday

the best birthday gift ever...jay surprised me friday by taking the day off work to be home with me for my birthday. the weekend was going to be very busy for us, so he surprised me and we celebrated together a day early. what a gift! for him to stay home was so meaningful. i reacted with my predictable i'm-so-shocked-and-excited-that-i-have-nothing-else-to-say but, "Shut up!" (note: that was also my response when he proposed!) we took a day trip (see if you can guess the location by this lovely picture) and had a great time. quality time with him, especially when he took off work just to be with me, was the greatest gift i could ask for.

elise enjoyed the day trip as well-she slept most of the time :)
here's my handsome husband in the tree house. thank you, my love, for a wonderful day!

No comments: