Tuesday, May 19, 2009

wow...

well, i just finished being the recipient of a full body prenatal massage. my wonderful husband got it for me for mother's day. our friend's sister came to the house, with table, music, lotions, you name it...and i got the royal treatment! (if you're interested, i'll get her contact info for you...she was awesome!) for a moment after i got up, i almost didn't feel like i was even pregnant! i have to admit, i'm secretly hoping it relaxed me enough that i'll go into labor soon...but as my OB reminded me today, only God knows the timing of that.

but for now, as i sit here, totally relaxed, all lotioned and smooth, and craving Friendly's mint chocolate chip ice cream...i am so grateful for justin! what a blessing and a gift from the Lord to have a husband who would not only listen enough to my daily ramblings to know what would bless me...but then secretly schedule it, not tell me, and leave me a note on the kitchen table, which basically said what i was to do today, where i was to be and when...and that he had arranged childcare for elise for the whole afternoon! i almost don't even know what to do with myself! so Lord, thank You...for such a kind, loving, and gracious husband.

and with that thankful heart, i'm off to run a few errands that are going to be much easier without elise...and maybe just maybe...stop at Friendly's :)

2 comments:

laura said...

way to go justin...you make me proud =)
shana, that sounds like it was a lovely afternoon and i am sure that it is well deserved. there is nothing like a massage when you are 9 months pregnant!! hope you are feeling well.
love you all,
laura

What a Wonderful World said...

amazing!