Monday, August 31, 2009

nothing like it

after successfully enjoying a walk with both kids and morgan (who by the way, is awesome on a leash!), elise had lunch and then both kids slowly started unraveling with tiredness. so i rocked both of them at the same time. after a few songs, isaac was long gone in one arm and elise looked up at me with those gorgeous, big, brown eyes...she snuggled into my other arm and before i knew it she was asleep too. aside from thinking, "how will i get the two of them into their cribs?..." i couldn't stop staring at them...from one adorable face to the other. each time i was ready to get up, i would sit longer just soaking in the moment. "thank you Jesus," i kept repeating under my breath. thank You for these children, thank You for a husband who works so hard, thank you that i am home each day for moments like these...there is nothing like it.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet, Shana! I couldn't agree more. I love moments like those!

Julia said...

those moments MUST be written down and savored!! they are way too easy to forget in the midst of potty training, laundry, and dishes!

The Three Moons: said...

I teared up when I read that!! What a precious moment!!