Saturday, October 10, 2009

lisey here, izie here, daddy here, mama here, bumma here...

lately, whenever we get in the car to go somewhere, we do "roll call".

"lisey, are you here?" i ask...

"lisey here..." she says...followed by, "izie here...bumma here...blankie here..." and anything else we've brought along with us! don't know if any of you out there can relate, but my daughter is a walking packrat...she has to have both hands full when we walk out the door...or even just to walk upstairs for that matter!

she's growing up before my eyes and it blows me away. there are moments when i just sit and look and both of them and realize just how quickly it's going...i try so hard to hold on to those moments and really soak it up...but it seems nearly impossible to fully grasp the process.

in one pic, lisey is eating cereal at her table with daddy...moms and dads out there, did you ever see a picture of your child and sit back blown away because you feel like you've caught a glimpse of what they will look like when they're older? the cereal pic did that for me...every time i look at it, i stare until i have to force myself to look away, because i can't shake the feeling that i'm looking at my daughter's face years from now...

isaac did this to me today too. he was taking a nap on our bed and i walked in to make sure he was alright. and as i looked at his long self, laying on his belly, face turned toward me, in his blue pants and maroon hoodie...i felt as though i was looking at a toddler or little boy laying there on our bed! i couldn't believe that's my baby!
here are more pics of the kiddos these days...i am more and more thankful that i am a stay at home mom. every day there are moments that God uses to remind me what a privilege and joy this calling is, that i call my everyday life.
i couldn't resist taking a picture of this early morning get up! (and for those who may not know, that is "bumma" in her hand)

2 comments:

What a Wonderful World said...

she is becoming a beautiful little girl.. it is crazy isn't it. i can't believe they will be two soon!!!!

Julia said...

[on staying home being an honor] AMEN sister. ;)