Saturday, February 13, 2010

my love

i'm not the most creative when it comes to making hand-made gifts.  i tend toward my kindergarten days and bust out construction paper, scissors, glue...and maybe even glitter if you're really special.  but in wanting to make a gift for my sweetie, this was what i came up with.  i find myself already forgetting things...forgetting things i don't want to forget...so here are some of my favorite snapshots babe, that i never want to forget...

i remember not being able to walk straight after meeting you...
i remember watching you pull up the driveway for our first date and having such butterflies in my stomach and such a silly grin on my face...
i remember how easy it was to talk to you...
i remember the first time you put your arm around me for a group picture and my whole body tingled...
i remember meeting you at Starbuck's for coffee and you hugging me and swinging me around in the parking lot...
i remember getting to Mexico and all i wanted to do was call you...
i remember waiting for your emails throughout the day at work...
i remember the first dinner with your family...your mom on the porch when i got there...and you in an apron cooking my nut crusted salmon...
i remember our walk in the park and feeling like i was walking on air...
i remember our "commitment scare" conversation and how calm you were despite my emotion...
i remember how you laid your heart out on your sleeve...
i remember how nervous you were the day you proposed...
i remember bouncing out of bed the morning of our wedding day...
i remember seeing you beforehand and the energy and excitement that just flowed through my veins...
i remember walking down the aisle (only halfway though), so you could walk down, meet me and walk me the rest of the way...

i remember playing cards in the apartment...
i remember having devotions together in the morning before work...

i remember so many times that make me laugh, shake my head, tear up...and more than anything, i come back to the same thought i always come back to, when i reflect on God giving me you.  you are more than i could have ever hoped for or imagined.  God took a little girl with a bumpy past, saved her from her sin and changed the path her life was naturally headed down...

i love you for your humility, love for the Lord, stability, confidence, gentleness, openness, humor, desire to grow, your diligence, determination, perseverence...i'm repeating myself...it seems anytime i write something to you, i repeat myself.  i remember so much...i hope i never forget...and years from now, when i remember these sweet days, i will repeat myself again.  i love you.  i am so grateful that i get to call you mine.

5 comments:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

That was beautiful! Do you remember that I called it first?! Let's talk soon!

osh kosh baloche said...

yes i do remember! soon sounds great! what's your week look like?

The Three Moons: said...

Shana.... you made me cry! That was beautiful!!

What a Wonderful World said...

speechless and in tears

linda said...

This is such a sweet tribute Shana. What a blessing you have in J.