Wednesday, March 24, 2010

what it's all about

i certainly know what it's not all about (yet, i focus my energy on so much of the time)...it's not about how clean my house is, or if i appear to have it all together, or if my kids' outfits are cute, or if i make a good meal when we have friends or family over for dinner...it's not about how much i get done in a day, or if what i do get done is valued as "important" by the world...

it is about me doing what i do each day for the glory of God...
it is about keeping God, my husband whom i love, and our kids my top priorities...
it is about enjoying all the glorious moments i am given with them each day...

Lord, each day, reset my heart's perspective and thank You for these glorious moments.  it's sobering to think these are times and days i will never get back...they are only this young once..may i savor it


helping mama cook (in the smock oma made for daddy when he was litttle)
too young for the big kid swings...but very content to watch everyone
growing more and more brave on the playground each time we go
everyone needs an outfit like this to cook in
i adore this picture of the two of them
he loves playing in the kitchen
milk face :)
fun times with aunt mare-mare
she gets major props for wearing just about everything in the dress up box...all at the same time!  she's such a child at heart and i LOVE it! (so does elise!)
isaac and i playing in the grass-he tried to eat it-of course
grilling with daddy
when did my little baby get so big?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AMen!!!

Natalie said...

Well said, but cute outfits do help :-)

Julia said...

Well put, Shana. I'm glad you posted that!