Monday, May 10, 2010

thirty

my 30th birthday was wonderful.  my sweet sisters from church threw me a surprise party which was such a blessing.  it was sweet time to fellowship, enjoy eachother's company without children around, and be blessed by their encouragement.  then we had a great dinner with my folks.  the next day (my actual birthday) justin had off because of the morning rain...so we took to the kids to the aquarium.  elise was so sweet with her genuine excitement.  all we kept hearing was, "oh my goodness!  oh my goodness!"  as we left, we attempted a family photo...enjoy :)  thanks to all who made it a great birthday! 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

The family photo series really made me laugh. So yesterday, our church offered "free family portraits" for mother's day. I spent all this time coordinating the perfect outfits and getting the kids and husband ready, and really dreamed big about how amazing our photo would turn out and how I'll matte it and frame it and put it over our sofa in the living room...HA! Such a dreamer I am...

Julia said...

Precious! When I saw your pic, I was confused - thought you were in Penn Treaty Park - then I realized you were on the OTHER side of the river! When we used to take fam. pics at Penn Treaty (in Fishtown) we had a similar background, minus the waterfall :) So good to see your pics, friend! Miss you!