Sunday, September 5, 2010

visit with grace & miss julia

last week, three of us and our kids got to visit our dear friend julia and her daughter, grace.  julia holds such a special place in my heart.  there are just some people that you connect with quickly, and can bridge the gaps of distance and time each time you talk or get together.  she has been so faithful to always speak truth into my life and point me back to the gospel and Jesus, no matter what...even in her own struggles.  we miss you, friend!  but i am simply grateful God did not call you guys further away :)

here we are braving the heat of one of the last hot summer days, on the playground.



then it was so sweet to watch the girls play together in grace's room.  it looked like a slumber party and i had flashbacks of my younger days just watching them.





to add to a great day, we also received some lamps from my friend, that she painted herself.  she's been kind enough to hold on to them for me for quite some time now.  julia, thank you, and here are some of them!  three are now bringing new (and much needed) light to the kids' room!  i love them!





2 comments:

A Day in the Life of MaryBarb said...

shana I love these shades!! they look so good!! Elise looks more and more mature everytime you post pics-- one of her pics is my background! same with Isaac.. crazy. I love you-- your blogs always encourage me so much. you're so mature, Shana. I love you!! I'll call you soon-- still settling in and trying to figure out a "routine" if ya know what I mean..

A Day in the Life of MaryBarb said...

shana I love these shades!! they look so good!! Elise looks more and more mature everytime you post pics-- one of her pics is my background! same with Isaac.. crazy. I love you-- your blogs always encourage me so much. you're so mature, Shana. I love you!! I'll call you soon-- still settling in and trying to figure out a "routine" if ya know what I mean..