Friday, August 10, 2007

the cape

after spending four days in the cape with my family, i thought it appropriate to share a few highlights. we did some day trips and visited great towns while there. we shopped, shopped, shopped, took some pictures, ate some ice cream, and shopped some more! while in the vineyard, we spend the day with an amazing family who graciously gave up their day to be with us. i so appreciated their kindness, humor, generosity, and obvious love for the Lord.

a few reflections and memories...my mom continues to strike me as one who loves to give. she is so generous and giving and i so appreciate it. doug's humor continues to strike me when i least expect it...and the "constipated bert" impression will forever live on! ashley, i did not know so well, but now that i have spent more time with her, i can say that i greatly appreciate her straightforwardness and her smile. marmo...what to say about mary? she laughs more than anyone i know, she enjoys every minute of life, she's kind, compassionate and though i gave her quite a hard time here and there, i'm so grateful she's my sister. last but not least, is my husband. what did i learn from him or see in him on this trip? i saw his gracious and gentle way with me once again, in helping me, taking care of me, and just spending time with me. and i saw him relax and rest, which i am so thankful for considering all the work he faithfully does.

and with one updated pregnant pictures...a great vacation now comes to a close.

No comments: