Wednesday, January 16, 2008

two important days

yesterday marked 13 years that i have been a believer and follower of Jesus. it was 13 years ago yesterday that i was at a youth retreat in the poconos, with a friend who cared enough to bring me. until that point, even though i'd been raised catholic, having gone through eight years of ccd classes, i had never heard what i heard that weekend. finally i was told the simple truth: that Jesus loved me enough to come to earth to die for my sins. i can't tell you the exact words the speaker said...but i can tell you that something happened in my heart. Jesus sought me out that night i responded to His call through prayer. i cannot describe the overflowing joy that filled my heart...i cried tears of joy, which despite all the tears i had shed up to that point in my life over my parents' divorce, lack of my father's presence, fear, loneliness...i had never cried tears of joy before. Jesus had filled the empty place in my heart. finally, it was filled. thank you Lord for seeking me, saving me, and holding me close these 13 years. i am eternally grateful.

the second important day is today. Elise is already 3 weeks old! unbelieveable! Lord, may she come to know you as well. thank you Jesus for this precious gift of life.

No comments: