Friday, June 20, 2008

what's in a name?


this is a post that i want comments for! it's becoming apparent to me that we need to settle on how we're going to spell elise's nickname. eva started it by calling her "leesey". That's as phonetic as i can spell it, so hopefully you know how it's pronounced. it's the last part of elise, with the 'ee' sound on the end. but how do we spell it?! i've gotten all sorts of variations by people in emails and blog comments...so now's your chance...how would you spell it? i'm open to all options and we'll decide soon! thanks for your help! (and here's an adorable picture of her to help inspire you!)

5 comments:

one wild and precious life said...

first: she's adorable! i love that smile...

and for your request: my opinion is "leesie" (i like the phonetic spelling for the first syllable and an "ie" at the end because it's young, cute, and girlie...

miss you two!

Kimberly said...

Good question!

I like Lisi for simplicity's sake. :)

Laura Koslowsky said...

I would spell it Lisey...use the actual spelling of her name with a y on the end.

The Three Moons: said...

I like "leesie" too... when I saw that, I could hear it the way you say it... that's my vote =)

kendelljohn said...

I would of course.... spell it Lisey.... But here I am sittin at a friends house (because I still don't have a computer) and someone (adam) suggested leasey. I am giggling because now I feel like she is a lease... as in "for sale". So i concure with Laura. Love you loads babe. and yeah she still makes me think of chinese baby. Like her momma.