Thursday, August 14, 2008

lisey's sick

aside from playing with blog background, we have a sick little girl in our home. yesterday elise was quite stuffy with a runny nose. and today she woke up with a 100.2 fever! this is a first for us and i've been praying my way through it, to stay calm, have wisdom to do what's best for her, and rely on God, our ultimate healer. i know it may sound melodramatic for a fever and runny nose, but having your child sick is such a strange feeling. it's completely out of your control, and no matter how much you may do to help them get better, it's in God's hands if they do or not. so, may my heart look to Him whether it's a minor or major illness. in the meantime, if you know any good tricks to try, or things to do for a fever or runny/stuffy nose, i'm open!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

poor little girl! It stinks when they get sick! I also relied on Tylenol and Little Noses saline drops--does wonders!! The humidifier works great too! Hope she feels better soon:)

osh kosh baloche said...

thanks maureen! i have those saline drops and motrin...i think i'm going to pick up a cool mist humidifier today...do you (or anyone for that matter) know what the difference is between warm and cool mist humidifiers? which do you use when?

Unknown said...

I think the cool mist releases a cool mist--less of a burn factor than the warm mist. I had the cool mist one and it worked fine. My mistake was buying the humidifier and not additional filters. I would suggest make sure to buy a humidifier at a store that also sells the replacement filters. Babies r us sold my humidier but not the filter and they are impossible to find. I had to buy a new one. Just something to think about.

The Three Moons: said...

I don't know if she's old enough for it yet, but when Mackenzie gets a stuffy nose I load her up with fresh mango pieces cuz it's supposed to be antivirul. I'll pray for Lisey, it's so sad when they're sick... oh, and lots of extra nursing... it really is the best thing for them, right? And if she's stuffy, it's probably hard for her to get a full meal anyway... that's all I know to do... I'll pray, pray, pray!

What a Wonderful World said...

I am praying for little Lisey and you. Jake is sick also. no fever though, just runny nose and cough. I hope all is well. hope we can get together next week!